Black Diamond Kits

Black Diamond Kits
Sage's Kits, Nine Weeks Old

Monday, January 12, 2015

Stanley Goes Home

My mom posted an ad on Craigslist for Provo, UT, because my brother goes to school there and could transport rabbits for us.  Within a day or two, we got an email inquiring about my junior bucks for sale.  And then a little bit later, the lady saw the ad for Stanley.  And she wanted him. 

We worked out the details and set up a time to meet in Provo.  Stanley had to be transported in an apple box because we needed all our show cages here.  I got up early Saturday morning and gathered everything Stanley would need for the trip.  I brought Stanley inside and let him run around for awhile.  As I picked him up and held him, it seemed like he knew he was leaving.  He didn't wiggle around in my arms, but just let me snuggle him.  I didn't cry.  I was proud of myself.  Then it was time for him to go.

Later the next day, my brother called us and told us that Stanley had been given to his new family.  Jared was really happy that he went to a good home with really nice people.  It made me feel like Stanley would be very happy.

We got an email from his new family, and I could tell that Stanley would be very happy with them.

Stanley in his new home

No comments:

Post a Comment