Black Diamond Kits

Black Diamond Kits
Sage's Kits, Nine Weeks Old

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Holy Cow!

That's not a phrase I use much, if ever.  But there's really no other way to describe the response to the "French Angora Rabbits" for sale ad we posted on Craigslist in Modesto.  Our ad in Reno has, so far, netted not even a nibble.  Our ad in Provo, UT, found us a buyer for Stanley, and he went to his new home yesterday.  My son, Jared, was very happy to see that he was going to such a nice family.  We're waiting for them to email us some pics that we can post on the blog.

But the ad in Modesto?  Just wow.  It's like everybody's New Year's Resolution was to get a French Angora rabbit.  I've spent quite a few hours over the past two days responding to inquiries.  Some are homesteaders wanting to barter.  I'm all for homesteading, and barter is good, but there's not a lot that we need, especially when there's a few hours of driving between us.  Some people sound like they have no idea when it comes to caring for an angora rabbit, and that makes us a little concerned.  We really want these super sweet bunnies to go to happy homes where they will be well-cared for.  Then there are the spinners.  I like hearing from them.  They ask intelligent questions.  And someone who is into spinning yarn isn't afraid of a little work in caring for rabbits that produce such lovely fiber. 

Anyway, I think it's up to five does and one buck on hold now.  It's a response we certainly didn't anticipate.  And if I am adding things up correctly (it is almost 1AM right now), I think that means we have three bucks and two does left. 

And this reminds me.  I guess I better get a sales policy posted.  We don't want any misunderstandings or hurt feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment