Black Diamond Kits

Black Diamond Kits
Sage's Kits, Nine Weeks Old

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

California State Convention

The California State Rabbit Convention will be held in Turlock, California, February 28 and March 1.  Both my sisters and I will be participating in the youth shows.  We are pretty bummed because we will not be participating in showmanship.  Showmanship will be held on Sunday, so we will not be participating.  We believe that Sundays are for God and family.  Fortunately, we do not have to stay at a hotel for this show, because my grandparents live very close.  We will be able to stay with them.  We are hoping to meet some of our French angora youth friends at this show and see our adult French angora friends as well.  They help us learn so much.  We don't go to shows for just the fun and prizes.  We always come home knowing more than when we left. 

I will be taking three junior does and one senior buck and one junior buck.  But I am not entering the junior buck because he is already sold.  And he is so beautiful and has such a good body and good wool that he would take beat out all my other bucks for a leg.  Had I known how beautiful he was going to be, I would have kept him for a while longer and let him earn more legs.  And then I could have sold him for a lot more money.

I am entering all the other rabbits.  One of the junior does is already sold as well, but we need her to make a fifth rabbit so that one of our junior does, hopefully Sage, can will a leg. 

Lydia will be entering three REWs and one colored.  Her two junior REW bucks will hopefully sell at the show. 

Becky will be taking all her junior rabbits--four bucks and a doe--and only three of them will be entered.  Two of the blue bucks and the REW doe are already sold. 

We'll report on the rabbits did next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment