Black Diamond Kits

Black Diamond Kits
Sage's Kits, Nine Weeks Old

Monday, February 9, 2015

Day 10--Eyes Open

Becky should be writing this post, because this is her doe's litter.  But I am writing it because my buck broke in to Blue's cage and I think Becky won't get around to doing this.  Besides, I get pick of the litter and I need to be able to sell the doe I select. 

Last month, Blue kindled a healthy litter of five kits.  When they were born, we thought we know all the colors.  We thought there were one each of blue, chocolate, black, chinchilla, and REW.  We still have a blue, a black, and a REW.  We do not know what the "chocolate" or the "chinchilla" are now.  The chocolate may be an agouti. 

Charlotte believes that the REW is a buck and the rest are does.


Three of the kits have just opened their eyes.  All of them are very lively.  The kits are gaining weight very well.  Just last night Charlotte was weighing them.  She has been weighing them for a week.  From last night to this morning, some of them gained a full ounce.  It is kind of annoying to Charlotte and me, because Blue doesn't have a set time when she nurses them, so we don't know when to give a bottle to the runt. 

They are adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment