Black Diamond Kits

Black Diamond Kits
Sage's Kits, Nine Weeks Old

Friday, April 15, 2016

Leaders' 4-H Show, 12 March 2016


I think I kept waiting for Charlotte to blog on this (Lydia was sick that day), but it's been a month now....

As for all 4-H shows, there is a mandatory check-in.  Ours ended at 8:30 (supposedly--I think they were still checking rabbits at 9:00).  It's a bit of a bummer for the angora people, because angoras are always last.

Showmanship takes place during the middle of the day.  There are usually a lot more novices and juniors than intermediates and seniors.
Charlotte does showmanship while Jennifer and Evan V. watch.

Charlotte got first place among seniors.
In the past Charlotte and Lydia have knitted small bunnies that they sell at shows to help support their rabbits.  Recently, Charlotte started felting little bunnies, and they are pretty darn cute.  I told her to make at least 15-20, but she didn't take me seriously and only had six or seven.  They were gone within two hours.  I sold two of my first felted soaps.

Later in the afternoon Kelly D. arrived from Montana to pick up her beautiful junior does.  We blogged about that last month.  http://blackdiamondrabbitry.blogspot.com/2016/03/does-go-home.html 

Evan V. won best of breed for French angoras with Black Diamond's Winchester.  Like we have said before, you can buy a good show quality rabbit from us, and he has beaten our rabbits a few times on the table.






Desi was a good, quick judge and we were on our way home by 3:00. 

1 comment:

  1. I was simply amazed at the architecture of this absolutely beautiful venue!! The environment was unbelievable. I was fortunate enough to visit venue Houston like this, we found awesome things one after another after another.

    ReplyDelete