Black Diamond Kits

Black Diamond Kits
Sage's Kits, Nine Weeks Old

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Why Do 4-H?

When we started out raising rabbits, we thought we'd go to a few 4-H meetings and learn how to care for them.  Then we'd be done. 

So we attended a few meetings.  We realized that this was something we wanted to be involved in.  Why? 

I liked it because I could learn about my breed of rabbit and make new friends.  I discovered I liked showmanship.  I like competing with other youth and seeking to improve my skills.  When I went to the 4-H meetings, I had opportunities to learn about other breeds and how to perform health checks.  4-H is a great opportunity to learn and grow in the rabbit world.  And it is good for learning about your rabbit.  It also is good for learning how to do showmanship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment