Black Diamond Kits

Black Diamond Kits
Sage's Kits, Nine Weeks Old

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Day Before the Kits (Are Supposed To) Arrive



I put Snowball’s nesting box in on Saturday.  Like Charlotte said, Snowball removed all the hay and rearranged her nesting box to her satisfaction.  Sunday, we saw that she had pulled a little wool. Yesterday, Monday, she pulled a little more wool.  

Today, Charlotte saw her go inside her nesting box.  I noticed that she is panting really hard, even though it isn’t hot in there.  It’s barely warm, only 68 degrees.  She has been eating a LOT.  Of course, I can’t take her out to weigh her, as pregnant does shouldn’t be handled within a week of their due date.  

I wanted to get some pictures of Snowball, but she clearly is not in the mood.  Whenever I go to her cage, she just runs around, avoiding me.  Then she makes angry thumps, like she wants me to leave. So no pictures today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment