Black Diamond Kits

Black Diamond Kits
Sage's Kits, Nine Weeks Old

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Big Sis's First Post

Becky here, I have yet to contribute to the blog so here I go. (IOW, I'm new so give me a break!)

So if you have been following this blog, you know that Chuck and Lydia have previously bred their rabbits, but I have not. Well, that changed this past Saturday. Cookie (broken chocolate) and Honey (chocolate tort) were bred. Because I'm a chicken I had Chuck do the breeding... I had to pay with my last half of a Krispy Kreme doughnut. Boy is she pricey!
Cookie and Honey

So for nesting boxes you need to have shredded paper and hay. Paper to help with the rabbits' hygiene and hay for mom to graze on and eventually wean her kits. Because of my ability to think ahead, I realized that not two but three girls would be fighting for the free newspaper Dad brings home. So I decided out of the goodness of my heart that I would buy my nesting box materials so that there would be more for my sisters (am I not such a good big sister?). It is a paper-based litter, and I will post my opinion of how well it works after the kits are born. By the way, it's a really colorful array of purple, pink, blue and white.  Guess it will make for cute pictures!

1 comment: